Weddings in our Parish
1 Corinthians 13: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage. Let us help you make it personal, meaningful, and spiritual.
You can marry at the Church of St Augustine in Clutton or St Barnabas Church in Temple Cloud providing you or your partner were
- Baptised in the parish; or
- Had your confirmation entered in a church register in the parish; or
- Have lived in the parish for at least 6 months; or
- Have attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months; or
- Your parent has lived in the parish for at least 6 months; or
- Your parent has attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months; or
- Your parent or grandparent were married in the parish.
There is a charge for marrying in Church and this is set each year by the Church of England. For 2016 the fee is £455 including the service, publication of banns and the wedding certificate. There are additional fees such as vergers, organists and bell ringers as necessary.
The 12th Century Church of St James, Cameley, which is in the care of The Churches Conservation Trust, is only allowed to be used in exceptional circumstances. A special licence is required from the Church of England offices in London, for which there is a significant fee; a fee is also payable to the Trust that maintains the Church. Permission also has to be obtained from the Bishop of Bath & Wells.
If you would like further information on weddings, renewal of vows or blessings, please contact the Rector using the details on the contact page on this website. You may also find this site useful www.yourchurchwedding.org